By now, everyone knows that reducing their waste is a good way to help the environment for numerous reasons. The problem is, many people do not put forth the extra effort to do so because they are not able to actually see the results. Would you try harder to reduce your waste if you could save money as well?
Here are a few ways you can reduce waste and save money at the same time.
Of course, the easiest way to reduce waste is by recycling. Besides making sure to separate your plastic, paper, and aluminum, there are several other ways to recycle.
- Instead of throwing away your food scraps, compost them. Fruit and vegetable peels, coffee grounds, and even egg shells can be added to compost. The compost can be added to soil when growing produce; this way you can have your own garden instead of having to run to the grocery store for fresh fruit and veggies.
- The next time you outgrow that sweater or your kids outgrow their toys, don’t throw them away, donate or resale the items. “Thrifting,” which is a big trend right now, is also a cool way to find items at a cheaper cost.
- The next time you head to the grocery store, be sure to bring reusable bags instead of using the paper and plastic bags available. This not only reduces waste, but also helps in avoiding the chance of being charged for bags.
- Instead of constantly spending money on bottled water, opt for reusable water bottles. If you are not a fan of the tap water in your area, consider buying a water filter; some bottles even have their own filter. It may be a pricey purchase in the beginning, but in the long run it will save you tons.
- When going out to eat order smaller portions. Not only will you save money, you will also be less likely to need a to-go container that you will later throw away.
- Invest in cloth towels instead of buying paper towels to clean around the house.
- Making your own cleaning supplies is healthier for the environment and your loved ones because you can control which chemicals are being used and avoid really harmful ones. It will also save money because you are not spending money on fancy name brands.
There are so many ways to reduce waste and save money. Start today by purchasing some of our long-lasting and durable towels or cloths instead of paper towels. Just call us at 1-800-279-2051 or visit us online at www.uswiping.com!